by Mike Miller
Round one of the WCC Tournament was single elimination, and BYU’s quiet bats meant the Cougars never made it past the first day. LMU comfortably earned a 5–1 win to send BYU home for the season.
Track and Field
Both the men’s and women’s teams headed to Arkansas for NCAA West Preliminary Rounds, with the meet serving as the only way to qualify for the outdoor championships. The men’s team earned eleven qualifications, with the women adding eight. Sable Lohmeier El-Bakri also set a BYU record during her discus qualification with a throw of 56.31 meters.
Each national championship entrant will be listed below. Both the men and women will be in Eugene, Oregon, next week to compete for NCAA titles. Follow @TheHiveSports for updates on race times and results throughout the week. The men race on Wednesday (ESPNU) and Friday (ESPN2) evenings, with the women on Thursday evening (ESPNU) and Saturday afternoon (ESPN).
• Casey Clinger (5000m, 10000m)
• Sebastian Fernandez (800m)
• Brandon Garnica (10,000m)
• Garrett Marsing (steeplechase)
• Zach McWhorter (pole vault)
• Kenneth Rooks (steeplechase)
• Michael Whittaker (javelin)
• Caleb Witsken (pole vault)
• Colten Yardley (400m hurdles)
• Easton Bianchi, Jared Davis, Dallin Draper, Colten Yardley (4x100m)
• Aubrey Frentheway (10000m)
• Lexy Halladay (3000m steeplechase)
• Sable Lohmeier El-Bakri (discus)
• Alex McAllister (javelin)
• Ashton Riner (javelin)
• Claire Seymour (800m)
• Cierra Tidwell-Allphin (high jump)
• Courtney Wayment (3000m steeplechase)