by Daniel Olsen
While the rest of the Utah Jazz team played well against the Denver Nuggets, Bojan Bogdanovic deserves to have this whole segment dedicated to him. To honor the career high he scored on Friday night, here are 48 facts about one of the most important pieces to a Jazz title.
1. He’s the stretch four everyone wants
2. Jazz fans gave him too much scrutiny coming back from a wrist injury.
3. He is clutch. Just ask the Milwaukee Bucks and Houston Rockets.
4. He is Mr. Consistency. With Mitchell and Conley out, Bogdanovic has proven he can lead the Jazz offense to wins.
5. He has a sweet nickname: Bogey.
6. International love: He was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He is of Croatian nationality.
7. Championship teams need a Big Three. On offense those three are Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley and Bogdanovic.
8. His stats back him up. Bogdanovic is averaging 30.2 points per game in the month of May.
9. Without him the Jazz blew a 3-1 lead. With him they likely would have beaten the Nuggets in the first round last year.
10. His name has championship character. It takes 16 wins to clinch an NBA championship. Including the space between his first and last name, there are 16 characters in “Bojan Bogdanovic”.
11. He is the true Splash Brother. He is averaging 44.7 percent from three in his last 10 games. He is the only Jazz player to hit a buzzer-beater three in the last two seasons.
12. He has a cool accent. Listen to his interview about his career night.
13. The Jazz are likely a second round exit without him this year. It is imperative that he stays healthy.
14. He had the highest scoring night of any Jazz player this season. Mitchell has scored 42 twice in a row and Clarkson had 40 points.
15. Triple Bogey is now a good thing. It may not be in your golf game but it is in this case.
16. He is the same height as LeBron but with a better three-point shot.
17. He has played for four NBA teams.
18. He spent a decade playing overseas before the NBA.
19. He averaged 20 points per game in his first year with the Jazz which was his career high.
20. He scored 20 points the night after his career high. He contributes how he can to beat help the team. He now knows when it’s his night that he should let it fly.
21. He was responsible for 37 percent of the Jazz scoring in his career high. That’s a hearty slice of the pie chart.
22. Bojan was selected number 31 in the NBA Draft.
Chuck Norris meets Bojan Bogdanovic
23. Before the monsters go to sleep, they check under their bed for the Bogey-man.
24. Bojangles is a fast food restaurant that was named after the greatest stretch-four in Jazz history.
25. LeBron James isn’t chasing Jordan. He is chasing Bogdanovic.
26. Kids used to yell Kobe’s name when shooting a three. They now yell Bogey!
27. There is one cheat code in NBA 2K21. Just give the ball to number 44 on the Utah Jazz and get out of the way.
28. Miss America has confirmed that Bojan Bogdanovic is her celebrity crush.
29. Rudy Gobert can block anyone on the Utah Jazz team. That is, except Bogdanovic.
30. Bogdanovic can make Matt Harpring sound better than Craig Bolerjack on the TV broadcast.
31. There is a fountain of youth that makes you immortal. It is the sweat of Bojan Bogdanovic.
32. Everyone celebrates Mother’s Day. Your mother, however, celebrates Bojan Bogdanovic Day.
33. The 3-1 lead conquered the Jazz last year. However, it didn’t conquer Bojan Bogdanovic.
34. Chuck Norris tells Bojan Bogdanovic jokes.
35. Stephen Curry asks Bojan Bogdanovic for shooting advice.
36. The NBA Mt. Rushmore is Bojan Bogdanovic cloned four times.
37. Bojan Bogdanovic gets a Yahtzee on the first roll every time.
38. There is one person who gets UNO on their first turn. That person is Bojan Bogdanovic.
39. Bogdanovic is Karl Malone with a clutch gene. Ok maybe that’s an exaggeration. While he can be spotty throughout the game at times, he can’t be doubted in the final minute.
40. The Raptors became extinct not because of an asteroid or Kawhi Leonard leaving. It was because they looked at Bojan Bogdanovic the wrong way.
41. Donovan Mitchell wears signature Bojan Bogdanovic shoes.
42. Joe Ingles yells “You got Bogeyed!” every time Bogdanovic dunks.
43. Who could win a dunk contest with their hands tied behind their back? A blindfolded Bojan Bogdanovic.
44. Sam Merrill, the San Diego State Aztecs killer, is actually the son of Bojan Bogdanovic. His dad dunked on him earlier in the season.
45. Utah was admitted true statehood only after Bojan Bogdanovic joined the Utah Jazz.
46. When Bojan Bogdanovic does push-ups, he’s actually pushing the earth down.
47. Bojan Bogdanovic can divide by zero.
48. When Bojan Bogdanovic was born, the doctor was the only one who cried. Never slap Bojan Bogdanovic.
While most of these were inspired by Chuck Norris jokes, it’s important to pay Bogdanovic the respect he truly deserves. Never disrespect a player of his stature again. Especially after coming back from an injury, he deserves more respect than that.
Photo by Alex Goodlett/Getty Images